Crocheting Like Mad

I am selling some of my crochet goodies (mostly cuffs and bracelets) at a school fundraiser this weekend, so my nights have been spent with hook and yarn in hand and not any time for blogging or computer work…kind of a nice change, actually.  To keep Levi busy today while Calvin was napping and I was crocheting, I asked him to make a sign for me to put on the table.  He had me write the letters to his words, of course, but I thought they were so sweet…”and other pretty stuff”.   Yesterday, he looked on my table and said, “Mommy, you make lots of pretty things.”   That could be the best compliment I’ve ever received, because you know that 4 year olds just tell it like it is!I’m thinking, just thinking about starting an etsy shop…any suggestions? Is it worth my time? Do I really need another “computer” responsibility? Not sure, just tossing around the idea.

I’ll be writing again next week.  I have several posts to share; a few new recipes, some funny kid projects gone awry and my first crochet tutorial.  Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

One thought on “Crocheting Like Mad

1. October 11, 2012 at 5:56 am

Levi is so sweet! Good luck with the fundraiser! As for Etsy, I toyed with the idea, but pricing is all over the place on that site, with some people selling an item that costs $3 in materials and who knows how much you want to charge for the labor for only 10 cents. So who are you going to buy from? The person who is selling it for $20 or 10 cents? It’s a real problem on the site. The other problem that I couldn’t get over was how much time you would have to spend making stuff for it. For me, that would kill my mojo. But some people have been pretty successful at it. Like my friend Jane. Check out her shop Thumb and Pinky on Etsy.

October 12, 2012 at 1:02 am

Ah…I never looked too much into that aspect of it, Elizabeth. Thanks for the tip. My gut is telling me that it’s not my direction right now, so I tend to listen to that. Maybe something else will happen…we’ll see. XO

2. Heidi Voskuil
    October 13, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Pretty stuff! What a cutie pie! Can’t wait for the tutorial. Last time I tried I threw the yarn roll across the room with frustration! 🙂
    Love these posts Dara!

October 15, 2012 at 3:04 am

Oh no, Heidi!! Hopefully I can make it seem a little easier for you. It might be easier to teach in person, but I’ll do my best. XO

3. October 16, 2012 at 8:27 pm

I am a crocheting beginner and it’s great to find inspirational posts such a yours 🙂 All the best if you start your Etsy store 🙂

October 17, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Thank you…keep at it. There is so much you can do with crochet. I feel like I’m just starting too in many ways because there are just so many stitches and patterns I haven’t tried!