Birthday Bag

I meant to post this during the week of my birthday, but with all the surprises, fun and busyness, I completely forgot about it. I finished my crochet clutch just in time for my night out with all of my wonderful Mama friends.  I had found some sweet graphic Amy Butler scraps in my fabric bins to use for the lining.  Levi helped me choose the hexagon pattern…the kid’s got good taste and I often ask him for his opinion. It came out really cute, if I do say so myself. It’s just big enough to hold my wallet, cellphone, keys and a few other small items…a nice change from the big bags I am so used to carrying.  This pattern worked up super quickly and easily.  I will surely make it again to give as a gift to someone else on her birthday!

One thought on “Birthday Bag

1. October 3, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Super cute! Looks like it’s quite functional, too!
    And happy belated birthday!

October 3, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Thank you…yes, it’s really functional and simple to make too!

2. October 3, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Your crochet is brilliant…..(I must get better)!

October 4, 2012 at 3:14 am

Thank you!! It takes some time, but once you start understanding pattern language, it really is quite easy. I’m still learning!!

3. Donna Nemeth
    October 3, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Dara, this is sooo cute!! I know a few people who would love one…….

October 4, 2012 at 3:13 am

Let me know…

4. October 13, 2012 at 8:11 pm

visiting via amber of rowan and oak… fabulous bag!

October 13, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Thank you, Heather! I love your blog too and owe you big time for sharing your delicious power muffin recipe with everyone. I make them at least twice a month. THE best muffin recipe I have ever made…and I’ve made a lot. I linked to it back in an old post of mine. Thanks again.